Derbyshire County Council - Statement of Fair Processing
In this fair processing statement, “we”, “us” and ”our” refers to Derbyshire County Council and “you”, “your” and “user” refers to any visitor to the Employment Check service accessed using the following https://derbyshire.employmentcheck.org.uk
By accessing this website and providing Derbyshire County Council (DCC) with your personal details, you agree to accept and be bound by the terms of the DCC Statement of Fair Processing which is summarised below.
Derbyshire County Council’s online Disclosure and Barring application service has been approved for use by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). All information is stored in a secure environment, compliant with DBS standards and is encrypted and submitted to and from DBS via secure government pathway.
The Disclosure and Barring Service will refer the details provided on this application form to government and law enforcement bodies in accordance with any relevant legislation. The details provided to these bodies will be used for identifying possible matches to records held by them. Where such a match is established, data may be released to the DBS for inclusion on any certificate issued. The details provided on this form may be used to update the records held by the bodies specified above. The details provided on the application form may be used to verify your identity for authentication purposes. The DBS may use any information provided by the DBS on a certificate or otherwise held by the DBS to inform any of its barring decisions made under its powers within the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006.
Our online service is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. When you supply any personal information to this site we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with your data.
• We hold your personal information on our systems for as long as needed to meet the service required, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met.
• We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 and subsequent legislation..
• We will provide a safe and secure experience for users of this site.
• Your personal information is only processed with your knowledge.
• Only information that we actually need is collected and processed.
• Your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their job.
• Personal information is retained only for as long as it is required.
• Decisions affecting you are made on the basis of reliable and up to date information.
• Your information is protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure.
• Inaccurate or misleading data will be corrected as soon as possible.
• Procedures are in place for dealing promptly with any dispute.
• All information held following a DBS application will be securely destroyed when no longer required
• In line with GDPR and the Data Protection Action 2018 if you make a subject access request you will be provided with a copy of any information we hold on you, on request.
All information requested is used solely for the purpose of producing a criminal record certificate and is collected, stored and processed by DCC and the DBS in accordance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Action 2018. We will treat your personal information as confidential and we will not disclose it to any third party except
(i) with your prior agreement;
(ii) as necessary for providing our e-bulk online disclosure service to you; or
(iii) as required by law.
All organisations which use the Employment Check service is required to sign an agreement requiring them to:-
• Abide by the Disclosure and Barring Service Code of Practice
• Abide by the Data Protection Act 1998
• Have a policy for the recruitment of ex-offenders
• Have a policy for secure storage, handling, use, retention and disposal of Disclosure information
The Employment Check service is hosted within an ISO27001 data centre and all components of the service are protected using detention and intrusion prevention devices. Completed applications are fully encrypted and securely transferred to the DBS using the Employment Check service interface.